The Radio Academy Awards – formerly known as “the Sony’s” – are the most prestigious radio awards in the media calendar. I’m beyond delighted, proud and genuinely awestruck to announce that, on 12 May 2014, the Digital Human team won the Silver award for Best Speech Programme 2014. Here’s what the judges said:
Enormous congratulations to Prof Mark Graham and Prof Bill Dutton on the publication of Society and the Internet: How Networks of Information and Communication are Changing Our Lives. I was honoured to have been invited to contribute a chapter to this new Internet Studies bible, in which I describe the Internet as the modern catch-all boogeyman. In fact (I argue) these accusations are unjustified.
PhD abstract: Social Network and Social Psychological Processes in the Diffusion of Belief and Behaviour on the Web
is an academic and journalist who writes about and studies technology and interactivity. Her new book, Untangling the Web: What the Internet is Doing to You looks at the psychology research behind the claims about the positive and negative forces of the digital age.
For press photos, please go here
You can find Aleks all over the Web.
I’m haunted by the mis-information that’s out there about what the internet is “doing” to us. I’ve made it my career as a social psychologist to look closely at the claims made in public and behind the walls of the ivory tower, examining research about what drives and influences us and how today’s drivers and influencers might be different from those pre-web.
Read More on Tumblr
did not know my fave veggie restaurant in London had a blog WITH THEIR RECIPES.
Read More on mildredsrecipes.blogspot.co.uk
- RT @ThisAmerLife: It's National Radio Day. We don't know what that means, but hooray!
- *thank you* RT @playingwithdust @aleksk Most likely, nothing to worry about. Good analysis here: https://t.co/c1FQGqFqtx …
- @UngleMaa excellent question. I'm sure we can come up with a shortlist.
- Don't you *dare*, Bardarbunga. Don't. You. Dare.
- this morning's top three news headlines on @r4today drove me to tears.
- @dallascampbell depends on where you are! Salt Lake City?
- @bobbie gah, I forgot. feeling OK after the incident on the airplane yesterday?
Our award-winning science programme, The Digital Human returns to BBC Radio 4 next week, on Monday 7th April 2014 at 4:30pm GMT. We’re super excited about the issues we’re covering over the next six weeks – as we have been about the previous 28 episodes! – as we continue to explore what it means to be human in the 21st century.
- Nigel on [BBC Radio 4] Digital Human wins at the Radio Academy Awards
- Pat Townshend on [BBC Radio 4] Digital Human wins at the Radio Academy Awards
- Benjamin Ellis on [PhD] Internet Research Ethics: studying contagion and large networks online
- Heisenberg, Werner von on [Tech Weekly] The man behind the curtain
- Myke on [Tech Weekly] The man behind the curtain