The last episode of the fourth series of BBC Radio 4’s Digital Human broadcast on Monday. It was a storming series – twice on Radio 4’s Pick of the Week (Altruism and Value) and once included as one of Radio 4’s best podcasts of 2013 on their upcoming Advent Calendar (Dark). Molto congrats to the production team, Peter McManus, Victoria McArthur and Elizabeth Ann Duffy.
The internet and web are technologies that connect humans to humans via a computer. When training as an academic, I became very interested in the ethical implications of online research, at a time when there wasn’t much out there for fledgling PhD researchers like me. In short: it’s a minefield. In long: there’s now a set of guidelines covering the issues that is available from the British Psychological Society.
is an academic and journalist who writes about and studies technology and interactivity. Her new book, Untangling the Web: What the Internet is Doing to You looks at the psychology research behind the claims about the positive and negative forces of the digital age.
For press photos, please go here
You can find Aleks all over the Web.
Neil Denny from London’s Resonance FM got me into a studio last week to record a gloriously extended conversation for the Little Atoms podcast about several of the topics covered in Untangling the Web: What the Internet is Doing to You. But, you know, with a whole lot more. Including updates on sex, anonymity and what Edward Snowdon has done for you....
Read More on www.sidrodrigues.com
Wrote something about naming and food and pleasure and life.
Read More on https:
- @suchprettyeyes I think by applying the media criticism models to the web - and by getting people to build stuff themselves
- @deb_max excellent thank you. added to my instapaper.
- RT @suchprettyeyes: Q and A with @aleksk in fun interactive Skype format! #itfutures http://t.co/GVkcbx3Ygo
- Many thx to #itfutures for excellent questions, after a talk performed in a freakishy futurey format. Also thx to @chrisspeed for response!
- @sboydie my office ;)
- RT @jar: @chrisspeed holding @aleksk so she can see her audience at #itfutures http://t.co/qKBqsH9J0Z
- @bobbie for you: http://t.co/0n76bSOCMW
- It's @BBCRadio4 Advent Calendar! #digihuman's ep 'Dark' is today's treat. Listen http://t.co/KloLqcKRxx & discover @ http://t.co/IzF4tKFXxb
I had the great pleasure of introducing four extraordinary speakers at the recording of BBC Radio 4’s Four Thought while I was at the Edinburgh Festival this year. And the first to be broadcast tonight at 8:45pm is performer Alan Bissett with a storming take on radical feminism:
In the 1990s, author Alan Bissett was a lad and women were ‘birds’.
- desigual Manteau on [Untangling the Web] Launch day!
- desigual Manteau on [BBC Radio 4] Digital Human series 4
- desigual Manteau on [Digital Human] All of Series 4 now online
- desigual Manteau on BPS' Ethics Guidelines for Internet-mediated Research published!
- desigual Manteau on [Academic] Dissertation - Social Influence in Second Life: Social Network and Social Psychological Processes in the Diffusion of Belief and Behaviour on the Web